What’s that? You’ve never even heard of Farscape? I’m not surprised cause I’m positive if you’ve never heard of it, then you thought Guardians of the Galaxy was the best superhero/scifi movie to come along in years.
I can’t say that I blame you, I only wish I could unwatch Farscape, see GOTG, fully enjoy it, and then watch all four seasons and a movie of the best sci fi show ever made.
Here’s some comparisons for ya:
- Star Lord leaves Earth, he’s taken to the far reaches of the galaxy, where few to no humans exist
- John Crichton accidentally opens a wormhole that sends him to the other side of the galaxy, where no humans exist.
- Both are witty smart alecks chock full of colorful pop culture references that no alien gets.
- Both are wanted galactic criminals that are being chased.
- Both team up and befriend a colorful cast of other space criminals.
- Both are in possession of an object that the bad guy wants
- Both have a game of love cat and mouse thing going with the main girl who’s a tuffy bad ass, who doesn’t return his affection, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to give up, and we all secretly root for him.
I mean I could go on, here but all in all, it is a very fun movie. I really am glad that a mainstream movie had this much heart and substance to it. I just get really sad that everyone who’s gaga for it, probably missed out on something better that had over 100 episodes instead of just 2 hours, they can’t stop raving about. I actually envy all of them.